A Party of Famous Physicists
One day, all of the world's famous physicists decided to get together
for a tea luncheon. Fortunately, the doorman was a grad student,
and able to observe some of the guests...
- Everyone gravitated toward Newton, but he just kept moving
around at a constant velocity and showed no reaction.
- Einstein thought it was a relatively good time.
- Coulomb got a real charge out of the whole thing.
- Cavendish wasn't invited, but he had the balls to show up
- Cauchy, being the only mathematician there, still managed
to integrate well with everyone.
- Thompson enjoyed the plum pudding.
- Pauli came late, but was mostly excluded from things, so he
- Pascal was under too much pressure to enjoy himself.
- Ohm spent most of the time resisting Ampere's opinions on
- Hamilton went to the buffet tables exactly once.
- Volt thought the social had a lot of potential.
- Hilbert was pretty spaced out for most of it.
- Heisenberg may or may not have been there.
- The Curies were there and just glowed the whole time.
- van der Waals forced himeself to mingle.
- Wien radiated a colourful personality.
- Millikan dropped his Italian oil dressing.
- de Broglie mostly just stood in the corner and waved.
- Hollerith liked the hole idea.
- Stefan and Boltzman got into some hot debates.
- Everyone was attracted to Tesla's magnetic personality.
- Compton was a little scatter-brained at times.
- Bohr ate too much and got atomic ache.
- Watt turned out to be a powerful speaker.
- Hertz went back to the buffet table several times a minute.
- Faraday had quite a capacity for food.
- Oppenheimer got bombed.
Back to main humour page.